Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Nature Surrounds Us

Thought I would do a post of a recent hike Mr K and I did in Courcelle.  We decided to go visit the house where I used to work as an au pair.
As we could not go into the house, or really justify standing outside on the street gawking at the said house, I decided it would be WAY less creepy to walk the path in the woods behind it and show Mr K my old abode that way.

You'd do the same too.
Right?

Anyway, not much had changed and the garden looked like it always had...wild. I wonder if they still have the wild strawberries running rampant in the garden and front of the house...they were delicious.

I digress. After the visit, we went on a hike through the woods.  I love the well maintained paths in Courcelle.  Just beautiful. Here are my favorite pictures of that day:

The beginning of the path, after the hardest climb up the muddy track. I love the moss!

  Mr. K really likes hills and mountains. I just cannot keep him off them. As soon as he sees something steep that goes on for a long while, you would think that he would sigh and grumble, but no! He goes after it with passion! Next time you should see him, suggest a long hike up steep, steep hills on muddy tracks. He'll thank you for the opportunity to pretend to be a mountain goat and get fresh air.  




Gorgeous! Rustic woods, green moss, sunshine, and Mr K.

I just love the way the sunlight plays with trees in the woods.


  At the top of the hike, there's a plateau with a very old farm.


 There, the wind blows so hard, it shakes the camera. There are hardly any pictures of the plateau because of this. However, I have a great shot of the trees!


I managed to get a good view of the farm a little further up. So pretty.



The cool thing about this farm is that it is walled in!


 Mr. K pointed out deer tracks to me and we saw canine tracks as well.

The path leads you around a bend and there you see:

The view of the valley.

There are three villages there.  Very hard to see them for the trees, but they're there and it was breathtaking.

You saw Courcelle, St-Remy, and Chevreuse in the valley. 

We continued our walk and saw two deer (one of which I thought at first was a huge rabbit. I couldn't see the legs due to the hill and the she was really fast!)

Then I found the sky and so these are my celestial pictures.



It was a lovely day. And we really enjoyed the rare moment of sunshine and blue sky, but alas, we had to return home as it was just starting to get dark. (It begins to get dark around 4ish.)

We came upon two paths and I was immediately reminded of Mr. Warner in my 9th grade English class and his Frost tribute.

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth ...
 










We took one home.
"And that has made all the difference!"

Au revoir for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment