Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY: updating the blog...

Outside my window...I see the streetlights and darkness as the night begins its serenade.

I am thinking...of how nice it is to hear the crickets chirp

I am thankful...for an understanding husband with my blogging late at night, and also for power to do so.  Just went through a minor hurricane, tropical storm, Irene.  All is ok on my homefront, but I have a ton of friends still without power.  Praying they get through.

In the kitchen...it is dark and empty, except for the prowling Mr. K in search of water.

I am wearing...my work clothes still; they're comfy so I didn't feel the need to change out of pants and a blouse

I am creating...new products everyday at work, but at home I've made new quiches. Yum!

I am going...to Disney World for vacation soon.  Not so vintage, but definitely fun!

I am wondering...how Mr. K's job offer will be in the next few weeks. Hoping they realize how good he is.

I am reading...When Comes the Spring by Janette Oke

I am hoping...that someday soon we can start a family of our own

I am looking forward to...seeing new places with Mr. K's next job and becoming a pet owner and mother

I am hearing...water running from someone taking a shower in the apartment next to us

Around the house...Mr. K is puttering and getting ready for bed.

I am pondering...what it would have been like to be a woman in the west in the 1800s. With the power outages, it gets one to musing.

One of my favorite things...is potted flowers, roses or violets in particular

A few plans for the rest of the week: make great dinners, help friends move into a new house, go to tea in town with a friend, and enjoy the last of the summer sun at the pool for Labor Day.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
































I am going to do a day book once a month.  I found a great site that has one each month, lucky me!

If you'd like to try, go to the simple woman's daybook to start yours and join in on the fun with Peggy!

No comments:

Post a Comment