Tuesday, August 23, 2011

In the still of the night- I can hear the sound of crickets!

Back again.  Thanks all for the week that I was not adding to the blog here.  It's been busy.  Friends from out  of town visited and then life hit as we tried to catch up.
Our washer broke in the meantime, which means trips to the laundromat.  Always fun and exciting. Hopefully we will have a new washer soon. It's times like these when I wish I had a wash tub and a line to dry clothes on.  At present, we just have a bathtub, a kitchen sink and a bathroom sink, and a rack.  I could do it with that, but trying to dry clothes when you are at work on a rack is hard.  I haven't tried it, but I imagine drying them on a clothes line is better and they dry more fully. Not to mention the fresh smell of sunshine trapped in the clothes. :-)

I can dream.

Other news, my husband, Mr K, has gone for an interview!  Very exciting.  He's gone to Cincinnati, OH for a position.  And he interviewed there for 5 hours with 7 people, and gave a 5 min presentation of himself and why he wanted to work there.  Whew! He doesn't know about how it went.  They left him questioning. But we should find out soon.  They said they would let him know by Sept 1st. All we can do now is pray for His will to reign in what we do. No sense worrying over how it went.  It's over, done, and up to God.

No one can pray and worry at the same time.- Max Lucado

Amen to that. (I say this tonight, but I know I will have to remind myself of it again tomorrow.)

Sunday I made a chocolate pie.  Now, if you've never had one, you're in for a treat.  I changed the recipe a bit.  Instead of pecans, I used walnuts and almonds.  Tastes even better.  See below for my masterpiece!

Chocolate Nut Pie
1 c. Sugar
6 tbsp flour
2 eggs
1/2 c margarine melted ( I used 6 tbsp butter)
1 c. chopped pecans (I used walnuts and almonds)
6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 unbaked 9" pie shell



Combine sugar and flour.  Add remaining ingredients. Pour into unbaked pie shell. Bake at 325 F for  50-60 minutes.  Enjoy!


I, of course, have to have ice cream with it. (I love pie a la mode)  So yummy! Two thumbs up for Mr. K. :-) And he said he never liked pie. 
All in all, this week is going well. 


"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding..." Proverbs 3:5




No comments:

Post a Comment