Tuesday, January 19, 2016

It's A Tuesday...But It Feels Like A Monday

Hi everyone,

With yesterday being a day off for Mr. K. We didn't do much...

Except assemble a side table which required a trip to a hardware store (long story...we'll just say that pre-drilled bolt holes aren't always the best and sometimes a little ingenuity, a call to your dad, and a friend with good jerry-rigging skills are necessary).

Oh but I put a vinyl sticker onto my laptop! I now won't confuse Mr. K's work computer with my own. Bad idea when he works on secret stuff.

The computer is named Bogie. We thought Casablanca appropriate.

And I did grocery shopping which involved meeting a friend and chatting for an hour and a half over coffee...then proceeding to do the shopping.
Followed by a trip to drop off some reinforcements to another friend with a sick little girl.

But my biggest acheivement was finishing revising the rest of my novel. I managed to sew up the loose threads in my plot and so it's completed.

My goal is to submit to agents by the end of this week. It gives me a few days to work on my query letter and synopsis. Both of which strike fear into my heart.
I know. I know.

All writers should be able to summarize their novel into a logline. And yes, you'd be absolutely right.
What no one says is that it's very nearly the hardest thing to do, especially when you have lots of twists and turns in your work.

But do it we must, and therefore, so must I.

So, to get into the writing spirit I've decided to put up some pictures of my puppy playing in the snow. I can refer to this again later when I've come to the conclusion that synopses and I don't ever get along on the first go.

Voila!
This is my puppy.

She used to look like this:


But she loves snow.






Have I mentioned she likes snowballs?

Watching, ever watching.


She also likes little tennis balls that squeak.
And every now and again she jumps just so, that her ears flop like they used to when she was much younger. It's hard being 1 year old.


But my favorite is when she's the shifty-eyed dog.

It's almost as if she's saying, "Yes, go ahead. Trust me."

Saucy smiles for all.


At anyrate, she's our dufus and we wouldn't want her any other way.


Now back to work.

Until next time,
Bisous!

No comments:

Post a Comment