Tuesday, February 11, 2014

It's Art Time!

So, I thought you all might enjoy seeing my latest works in my porcelain painting class.

This was my first one this year.  I call it "A Planetary Trip" and I dedicated it to Mr. K. He was happy.


The next one we worked on using broken glass pieces from bottles (you may not be able to see it too well) as well as working some more with green luster and gold.
My green luster, upon firing, turned my tree purple! So I had to adapt the leaves to a more abstract type. Apparently, if you fire the green luster at too high a temperature, it changes the color. Unfortunately, I had no control over that as my teacher is in charge of the kiln. Oh well. Makes for more creative outcomes.

I still think my vase is pretty. I call it "Rosy Outlook" though most people here want to call it "L'Arbre de Vie" (Tree of Life).




And here's the last one, my new fruit bowl.
I know, I know, not very original but hey, I've always wanted one!

It took me the longest to do, covering 4 class periods. I call it "Sweetness".





So that's it for the time being. I'm working on a piece that will look like lapis lazuli. Just did it today, and my fingers were so dirty afterward! Hehehe...I like art. I get to get really dirty and have fun.

Speaking of, here's a recent work I did with pastels. I call it "Canyon Home".

It's a first attempt at using my new pastels.  This is from a photo I saw in a magazine.
Thanks Mrs. P in CT for the Christmas gift!
Then I decided to play with the camera.  This is the black and white setting:

I like this setting.
This is the color choice setting:
Nice!
And then, finally, I decided to try the sepia setting, to, you know, give it a bit of an old-timey western feel:


I think I like the last one the best. What about you?

Well, I guess that's all for this time.  I'll try to get some lapis lazuli, malakite, and marble works for you to see when they're done. 

Until next time!
Bisous

No comments:

Post a Comment