Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Happy New Year!

Hello folks! Hope you all had a wonderful time celebrating the New Year. 2014 already! I can't believe it.

I thought today I would share with you the top 12 things that happened in 2013 (new) and then a resolution for 2014 (traditional).

12. Got to go to Disneyland Paris-not once, not twice, but three times! Yay! Such a Disney girl...

11. Blessed with family visitors and got to go see the sights in Paris with them all touristy like.

10. Saw Giverny-home of Claude Monet with my in-laws

9. Saw Edinburgh, Scotland (a place I had always dreamed of seeing) with the hubby and SIL and discovered that I actually like haggis, neeps and tatties.

8. Had a visit from my Swedish cousin whom I hadn't seen for a few years

7. Revisited a World Wonder: Le Mont St Michel with Mr K and my sister and had a fantastic time

6. Saw just how great my mother truly is: she managed to smile and enjoy herself even after the Great Espresso Incident in July. (Love you Momma!)

5. Discovered that the French love Marshmallow Fluff Fudge (made with French chocolate of course) and their rules of moderation go out the door if you bring over a plate of it.

4. Exeter, UK was America 2.0 over Thanksgiving, thanks to our friends, Mr and Mrs M.

3. Croissants and Pain au Chocolat as a Sunday morning tradition

2. Teaching Holiday English lessons and asking for the kids to tell me what a picture of an elf is in English and get, "It's a Christmas goblin" and the child who told me that then proceeded to try to have the rest of the class say it to me as well, hoping that with four against one, my mind might be persuaded. 

And, finally,

1. I got to spend the entire year making memories with my hubby.






As for a resolution? 

Well, my resolution is to fill 2014 with as much fun, joy, and laughter as possible as well as to take time to enjoy the smaller things in life.  One never knows what blessings will come our way and I refuse to miss them because I was worrying over something else!

So here's an <<adieu>> to 2013, and a <<bienvenue>> to 2014!

Until next time,
Bisous

No comments:

Post a Comment