Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Praying...

I don't know what else to do but pray. 

Pray that my family in Westport and Sandy Hook, Connecticut are okay. 

Pray that my friends on Long Island are okay, especially those in Port Jefferson.

That the flooding waters from Hurricane Sandy didn't hurt them. That the power outage won't last too long.

For those times when paper just doesn't do it for you...

 I came across these verses today.

"Trust in the Lord your God with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding"
~Proverbs 3:5

"God is our refuge and strength,
An ever present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging."
~Psalms 46:1-3

Okay, He's got them all.  He's looking out for them. Hear You loud and clear!

So I will turn this worry and fear into thankfulness...

My Dad's family has a house on a big hill, above the 100 year flood mark by many, many feet. And Mr. K's family is above the river flood zone in Sandy Hook.

Thank you, God!

My friends in Port Jefferson also live on hills or are inland. 

Thank you, God!

It's not winter.  There is no snow or below zero temperatures yet so no fear of freezing.

Thank you, God!

Thoughts and prayers are with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment