Sunday, August 05, 2012

Maple Coconut Milk Ice Cream

Preparing dessert for vegan or lactose intolerant friends? I've got just the recipe!

Maple Coconut Milk Ice Cream:

You will need:
4 cups coconut milk, unsweetened ( I used Trader Joe's)
1/2 c Agave Nectar
1/4 c and 2 tbsp Maple Syrup (you can also cheat and use a Maple flavored syrup)

Mix all the above together until smooth.  Put in ice cream maker and have fun! 

If you have an ice cream ball, follow the directions and rock and roll with it. It takes about two games of "I'm going on a picnic", broken up with a draining and scraping period, to get the right consistency. I suggest scraping with a rubber spatula to a wooden spoon (less spilling occurs that way).

Side note: I'm all for word games for long activities. Just ask Mr. K! Or should I say Dr. K now that he is a PhD. (we're so proud of him)

Anyway, back to directions.
Put in freezer for 3 hours or overnight and enjoy!
Always hard to take a picture of ice cream in a warm kitchen; please excuse the melting.




No comments:

Post a Comment