Tuesday, September 01, 2015

The Canyon that was Grand

Back again!
I think it's time I continue on with our trip to the west and more specifically, the day we saw the Grand Canyon.

This, below, is not Colorado. 
No.
It's Arizona.


I know. It almost fooled me too!


But then we passed the sign.
I have proof.


We got to the park, showed our America the Beautiful park pass and got right in.
Only to stop a little ways up the way.
There were a few cars stopped, and I fired up the camera, as it usually only means one thing.
Wildlife spotted.
In this case, deer. Up close and personal!


Beautiful.

We knew it was going to be a great day.


Got to the visitor's center and chose our path. 
Since we had the pup, only the South Rim was open to us.
But...

We were totally okay with that.


And even though I have a good camera, it still didn't capture all the beauty of the colors in the morning.

The Grand Canyon, South Rim 

We were at Mather Point and a woman complimented us on how well behaved Mochi was. 
And I smiled as if our puppy was always that good. 
She isn't.
Mochi was either taking in the sights and smells too, or she was nervous around all the people, not to mention being a leash with Mr. K at the other end. 

At anyrate, the woman offered to take our picture.
How could I say no?

Zelda, Freddy Hg, and the Mochi-pup

We of course did the same for her.
Fair's fair, you know.

Anyway, these are a few of my favorite shots.


I personally love the black and white version. So timeless.
Classic.


We took the outer rim next and got a nice long walk in.


Again, the vastness of the park was impressive.
Awesome, really, in the full sense of the word.


I loved the shadows on the peaks from the few clouds that were in the sky.


And then Mr. K found this gem.

A flowering Prickly Pear cactus

I thought this was neat, poppies by bleached wood.

Bet it would've been fun in black and white. Oh well! Next time.

These flowers were so pretty too.
Love the vibrant colors out here in the Southwest!


But before we knew it, it was time to head out.
A quick bite to eat at the small stand, then back into the car to cross the Mojave Desert.




And then we were in Camarillo, rearing and ready to celebrate in the marriage of my sister-in-law, A to my now new brother-in-law, M!


Love those guys!

But their wedding is another post.

Until next time,
Bisous!

No comments:

Post a Comment