Saturday, June 13, 2015

Iron versus Candy

Hi again!

So, I just have to say that it's been far too long since the last entry. Sorry about that.

Anyway, I wanted to share with you a few pictures from our anniversary.

We celebrated six years of marriage at the end of May and if you guys do the traditional wedding anniversary gift sharing, you'd know that six years means:

Iron

or...

Candy

I think whoever came up with the either or choice may have had a few too many one night...
Just saying.

Anywho, we chose iron, Fe, a ferric or ferrous compound, and lastly the great ore. Mr. K loves Moroccan lanterns, so I found two that we can hang in our backyard when the wind isn't so violent (hahaha...hahahaha!)
 So far no good. But I have hope.

And he found a lovely wrought iron tea light stand that I can place on my night stand. It creates the nicest lighting, though not quite bright enough to read by. But when he's away, I can have soft light in the room and that makes me happy.

And then we were off for a surprise...er...that is, a surprise for Mr. K.


See, I knew exactly where we were going.


One and a half hours later, in Albuquerque, we made it.


Yes, New Mexico has a British-style tearoom.

Look at all the tea! So yummy smelling!

He was definitely surprised, and in a good way, as we both like tea.


But, this place didn't just sell tea. It sold all manner of things related to tea and elegance!

Hats, for example.


And exquisite men's grooming products. There was even mustache wax.


Lights and clocks.


And of course, tea sets.


Oh yes, the tea sets! They had one room entirely devoted to these beauties.


And, there was a wall where you could take a hat and wear it to your tearoom. I chose one. Mr. K did not.

We were led down a hallway to our room, called The Styles, in honor of Agatha Christie's book, The Mysterious Affair at Styles.


They had tea already waiting for us, under velvet cozies too!


And then they brought in the treats.

Scrumptious!

Our menu

As you can see, our menu was quite extensive. Mr. K, since he doesn't prefer black teas, was offered tisanes of a most delicious blend. I had to try it too, just to make sure it wasn't poisoned, you know.

That was the only reason why I would test it...

Poisoned it was not!
And I may or may not have required further verification of that conclusion...carried out by, what else, more testing.

The scientific nature in me reigns true.

Showing off the hat

But the room wasn't the only thing that was decked out. The hallway looked perfect too.


They had tapestries in the parlor.


Chandeliers in every room. Even the WC!

Gorgeous.

Making my way back to the room, we had sparkling apple cider waiting for us.

Mr. K had the beauty pot, and I was gentility. Hehehe...I joked he was the beauty that day.

And all too soon the tea time was over. You see, you're given two and a half hours to finish tea.

And we thought it would be too long, but it wasn't at all. So, we waddled out of the fancy place, through a gift shop where we bought some tea and a few other things. I was sorely tempted to get a kid's book about a T-Rex who was invited to high tea, but alas, it was a little too expensive.

The weather outside was lovely, as it should always be on an anniversary, mind you.


And I made use of this light to take one last couple shot.

This is one of my favorites of the day

Then Mr. K surprised me with dinner at our favorite place, Dinner 4 Two, in Santa Fe.

I had the tuna and he had the roasted fowl.

All in all, a fantastic day.

Oh, and I almost forgot, Mochi got a treat too...from my sister.
I love and hate her for it. It's the pup's favorite toy now (as evidenced by the doofy grin on that puppy's face) but this pink thing SQUEAKS.



Naturally, Mochi has decided to squeak it during all sorts of things needing quiet (phone calls, movies, conversations between Mr. K and myself) so sometimes, just sometimes, it disappears...

And that my friends is all for this entry.
Now go have tea!

Until next time,
Bisous

No comments:

Post a Comment