Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Canyon Walks and Summer Days

Hi all,

I know, I know... It's been a while again. And it's finally summer here. Yay!

I wanted to share with you some photos of my favorite place to walk.

It's the Canyon Rim Trail where we live.

I like it because it's:
1) Paved
2) Regulated distance with markers for every quarter mile 
3) Has great views

Like this one:

Oh, and Mochi likes it too.


Not just the views are pretty, but also the flora and fauna too.

Thistle in New Mexico

And then there's this flower.


It's possibly my new favorite wildflower.
I have no idea what it's called, but it's stunning.
Maybe I'll call it Fire Flower.


And then there's this too, what most people think New Mexico is covered with.

CACTI


Mind you, I had to search high and very, very low to find some.
They're not as common place as you'd think.


But I like them, in all their prickly glory.

Since it's now summer, we've invested in a portable A/C unit. It makes sleeping possible for Mr. K and when we had the temps go to 90F (32C) without any means of cooling off, it was a true godsend.


Mochi also likes it.
I'd want it too if I were wearing a fur coat all the time.

Of course, I also take her to the dog park where she has her buddies and the possibility to bathe in a large tub.
She only just realized she also could jump in the tub. Her trick is to jump in, drink, then sit in the water.
Better there than at our house.


She and Leilai are great friends.


But yeah. It's been hot, but we're managing now.
And this week is all about pup sitting for some friends of ours.
Mochi is thrilled to have her boyfriend over.

And that's it for right now.
Stay cool!

Until Next Time,
Bisous

No comments:

Post a Comment