Friday, November 14, 2014

Busy Month

Sorry about the delay here. We've been a bit busy.

A day-after-Halloween party, some dear friends of ours welcoming another perfect baby into the world, looking after a cutie-pie while momma and new brother had to stay in the hospital, and then our first snow!
And oh yeah...I signed up to do NaNoWriMo again. Just, you know, in case I needed to make sure I was plenty busy.

Here are the highlights!

For the Halloween party, we dressed up as the couple from Paperman.


Here's the video for comparison:



I think we did a pretty stand up job of it, don't you? At anyrate, it was fun. And our hostess was a Dalek from Dr. Who. Complete with shiny hat! I think there was a ladybug guest too.

Mr. K made mummy dogs (basically pigs in blankets with beef mini hot dogs and crescent rolls made to look like a mummy)

And our hosts made chicken pot pie.

Scrumptious, by the way.

It was a great party, complete with delicious food and wonderful company.

Then two days later, my friend, Mrs. E was told she was having her baby that evening.
I love this woman. She took the news like a champ and even had on some fantastic socks for the occasion! They match her personality.

These babies brightened up everything that was tense in the room.

Mr K and I took care of her little baby at home for a few days. He was such a sweetie.

I mean, look at this munchkin! What's not to like?

We went home after that and wouldn't you know it, we had snow on the mountaintops!


Of course I had to take another shot. I love where we live. I'm surprised daily by the gorgeous photo ops.


But, with the dusting, comes the preparation.


Considering that we didn't have a shovel or de-icer and we now have a driveway...we picked up one of both. Though, our shovel is the S type (better for the backs). I have a feeling that with the dustings and flurries we've had already, we're in for some wintry weather soon...

And that brings us to NaNoWriMo. 

What is that, you ask? 

Only the most awesome month out of the year: 

NATIONAL NOVEL WRITING MONTH!!!

The goal is to write a novel during the month of November.
50, 000 words in 30 days.
1,666 words per day.
That's about a chapter a day, give or take.

I'm almost halfway through the month and it's now the hard work I thought it'd be. I powered through the first three or four days to build up a bank of words just in case I started to get bogged down. It was a good idea. And I know it was definitely necessary for me to do.

To set the tone of my novel, I got creative and took a photo for my "cover" before I began. Should be interesting to see how it turns out.

Can anyone guess the genre?

Anyway, I may be a bit more absent until the month is over. Bear with me. 

I promise to be more consistent in December!

Until then,
Bisous!

No comments:

Post a Comment