Enter, Chez Krueger for a dinner worth it's weight in gold (not to mention how easy it is to make!)
Poulet à la lavande et abricot
by Serious Eats- French in a Flash
What you'll need:
*10 chicken drumsticks with skin on
*1-2 Tbsp olive oil
*Salt and pepper to taste
*1 cup apricot jam (Smuckers is great), pureed with 1 Tbsp boiling water (to break up the big chunks)
*Dried culinary lavender to taste (I used about two pinches of lavender)
1. Set the oven to preheat at 450 degrees F.
2. Put the olive oil, salt and pepper in a large gallon sized Ziploc bag. Add the chicken drumsticks and "toss" until evenly coated.
3. Put some parchment paper (or foil) on a jelly roll pan and place your chicken so none are touching.
|Let the roasting begin!|
5. Brush the chicken with half of the apricot jam glaze. Put back in the oven under the broiler and broil about five minutes or until the glaze starts to bubble and caramelize.
6. Turn the chicken over and repeat step 5.
7. Remove from the oven and place on a serving dish. Sprinkle with lavender to taste.
(Pairs well with haricots verts and fresh baguette plus a glass of rose wine.)
Mr. K absolutely loved these. This is what we Southerners would call "finger-lickin' good" and you can bet your booties it is a crowd pleaser. Enjoy!