Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Happy New Year!

Hi everyone!

Happy New Year! Sorry I've been MIA for a bit. It's been a little...busy at our place.

The second week of December, I went to FL, leaving Mr K at home cause he still had to work, to see my Mom, Grandma and Grandpa, and one Uncle. Uncle D and Aunt S and C we'll be seeing you the next time! It was kind of a whirlwind visit.

Doesn't she look great folks! She's a stroke survivor and I love her so much!

See the family resemblance?

Gave him a zerbet when we met up. He was so happy. 

This was before being taken on the best time of my life: a cruise to the Caribbean!
This is all thanks to Grandma and her great generosity that I will never be able to repay. I hadn't seen my mom in over a year, so it was a lot of fun catching up with her too.

Getting ready to board the Freedom of the Seas!

Don't worry, I'll be posting pictures of our travels soon! I just wanted to give an update. We went to St. Thomas and St. Maarten/ St. Martin. Fantastic!
Anyway, like I said, I'll have to post pics on a separate blog post

I got home from FL the 22nd, late due to our plane having to come to Denver from San Francisco, with lots of snow. Thankfully Mr K picked me up at the airport.

Blurry, yes. But snowy, oh yes. They didn't have any roads plowed and Rosa forgot to wear the right tires...
Main Street where we live. Deserted...

But, I love snow. Our home looked so cute.

Again, blurry, sorry. Mr. K was not happy that I opened the window to take the shot.

We had two nights home then we were off again on the 24th to Los Angeles to see the K family for Christmas.
At ABQ airport they had a gingerbread house exhibit. This was my favorite. The true meaning of "hangry."
Wonderful time once we got there. Went from 26 degrees F to 80 degrees F in a single day.
It was glorious.

Got to hold a baby, a second cousin, I think is her title. She's maybe 5 months old. And was wearing the cutest dress, EVER!

I love holding babies. Don't know if you all knew that.

And I'll never say no...
Maybe not if they have a full diaper and are ready to spew...I won't be so keen on holding the kiddo.

But any other time...yep!

Our copycat picture. My brother-in-law and his wife are the originals. 

 And then we came home. Well...sort of.

We ended up back in ABQ to go see about another addition to the family. An adoption...

From the Humane Society.

Meet Mochi, our hairy baby!
Her original name was X-ray. We thought about keeping it, but she liked Mochi better.

We couldn't take her home on New Year's Eve, like we thought. She still had to have her surgery before she could be let go from the shelter. It was a sad day for all of us.

But, today, we got to go get her and take her home!
Thus begins the start of a new adventure in puppydom. And the loss of things to puppy teeth.
I'm already making sure my books and cords to computers and such are up, up and away.

But as I sit here and type up my blog, she sleeps. With her chew toy under her ear.
I love this pup.
She and I will be good friends, I feel.

Very good friends.

Signing off. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment